East Surrey Winter Night Shelter – Opens mid-December 2019
Drop-In – Monday to Friday, 11am to 3pm
Real Meal at Shrewsbury Chapel – Sundays 12.30pm
Renewed Hope Trust is a charity which exists to provide practical support to the homeless and disadvantaged of East Surrey. This includes serving meals, offering shelter, clothing and assistance in finding employment as well as encouraging them to build relationships, listen and care for each other. We do this through the work of a Winter Night Shelter, year-round Drop-In service and Sunday lunch. In an atmosphere of compassion and love, we seek to offer acceptance and respect to all.
RHT was founded as an interdenominational Christian group, and therefore faith in the universal love of Jesus Christ underpins all that we do. In practice this means we seek to support all who come to us, to give them a new hope and the opportunity to build a new life regardless of their background, circumstances, culture or faith.
East Surrey Winter Night Shelter
Annually, December to March
- A ‘floating’ homeless winter night shelter hosted in venues in Reigate & Banstead and Tandridge areas
- Guests referred by one of our partner agencies and interviewed to ensure the Shelter is the right option for them.
- It is staffed by a team of trained volunteers who serve guests a hot meal and breakfast and provide overnight supervision.
Year-round, Monday to Friday, 11am-3pm
- It is a place where friendships form and people find support from others
- Free hot drinks, lunch and snacks offered
- Signposting to more specialist services and some organisations arrange to meet clients at the Drop-In
Ways to support our work
- Volunteer at Winter Night Shelter, Drop-In or Sunday Real Meal. Training is provided
- Donate food or various clothing items
- Give a one-off or regular financial donation
- Raise money by holding an event or doing some kind of sponsored activity
Renewed Hope Trust is based in Redhill town centre renting space from Christ Central in London Road. Drop-In is held here and we have office space here too.
Address: Our Place in the Kitchen, 3 London Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1LY
Phone: 07943 685660
Business Hours: Weekdays, 9am to 5pm
Drop-In Hours: Weekdays, 11am to 3pm