Having closed the Drop-in due to Covid-19, Renewed Hope want to continue to support our community at this difficult time.
We are offering a ‘packed lunch’ to our Drop-inners at the door of Shrewsbury Chapel between 12 and 1.30pm.
We have also set ourselves up as a foodbank working with St Matthew’s Foodbank and Reigate & Banstead Council. We will be delivering food to people in need.
We would greatly appreciated it if you could help us with our Wish List. If you can donate any of the items please call on 01737 886997 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise delivery or collection.
Renewed Hope is a charity which exists to provide practical solutions and emotional support to the homeless, vulnerable and isolated of East Surrey. We work all year round to provide direct support to our clients responding to their specific needs regardless of how complex their situation.
This includes serving meals, offering shelter, clothing and assistance in finding housing and employment, as well as encouraging guests to build relationships, listen and care for each other. We do this through the work of a Winter Night Shelter, year-round Drop-In service and Sunday lunch called the Real Meal.
We work closely with supporting organisations such as local councils, outreach and addiction services. We are building working relationships with local businesses many of whom have been incredibly supportive in our move to Shrewsbury Chapel.
Renewed Hope believes in acceptance and respect for all of our guests; we offer hope and the opportunity to build a new life regardless of background or circumstance.
We are an interdenominational Christian group that supports those of all faiths and none.
East Surrey Winter Night Shelter
Annually, December to March
- A ‘floating’ homeless winter night shelter hosted in venues in Reigate & Banstead and Tandridge areas
- Guests referred by one of our partner agencies and interviewed to ensure the Shelter is the right option for them.
- It is staffed by a team of trained volunteers who serve guests a hot meal and breakfast and provide overnight supervision.
Drop-In – Closed March 2020
Year-round, Monday to Friday, 11am-3pm
- It is a place where friendships form and people find support from others
- Free hot drinks, lunch and snacks offered
- Signposting to more specialist services and some organisations arrange to meet clients at the Drop-In
- Volunteers always needed – 2 hours slots and tasks include cooking, befriending and serving up food and refreshments
Ways to support our work
- Volunteer at Winter Night Shelter, Drop-In or Sunday Real Meal. Training is provided
- Donate food or various clothing items
- Give a one-off or regular financial donation
- Raise money by holding an event or doing some kind of sponsored activity. You can set up a fundraising page on Wonderful.org .
Renewed Hope Trust (registered charity number 1161502) is based just along the road from Redhill town centre at Shrewsbury Chapel. Drop-In is held here and we have offices upstairs.
Registered Address: Shrewsbury Chapel, Shrewsbury Road, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 6BH
Phone: 01737 886997
Business Hours: Weekdays, 9am to 5pm
Drop-In Hours: Weekdays, Closed until further notice March 2020